New Datamask -Depth is wrong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,
Just bought the Datamask HUD for my son. We have both dived it. We love it.

That said, I need to know if there is a way to reset its depth gauge, or is that only adjusted by the factory/manufacturer? It is close to 7-8 feet off of the correct depth. When we are at 15 feet, it says we are at 7 feet; when we are at 23 feet, it says 15 feet.

At this point, it hasn't even been 30 days since we bought it.
Thanks.

Contact the retailer andthe manufacturer immediately. Even if they simply reply with instructions to reset it, you will have registered the problem at an early stage and that can help if it ever returned in the future.

The mask needs calibration and/or a new sensor. That probably needs to be done at the service centre or factory.

yeah, it sounds like a faulty pressure sensor. Depending on the software of the interface it could be buggered or just out of calibration. but if it was out of calibration (i.e. the sensor would consider atmospheric to be less than atmospheric) the unit should show an error!

Thanks for the replies.
The dealer said bring the mask back to her to send back to the manufacturer. I thought that within 30 days they would REPLACE the mask with a new one but that was not her suggestion. I thought about it and if I insist on a new mask, I run the same risk of the next mask having a similar problem and having to complain, so I guess I'll let her send this one in to be fixed. Seem logical? What do ya'll think?

Unfortunately, I live 70 miles from the LDS (not very local, I know). Hopefully, Oceanic will send the mask back to me directly. Otherwise, I'll be driving 340 miles before this problem gets fixed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom