New Dad needs HELP!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My parents rubbed whiskey on my gums, obviously, I was too young to remember, but they claimed it works..... This is merely a useless statement, not a recommendation. Good luck with the kid.

Frozen icepops in the tube (those long skinny tube pops) dont open it just let her chew on it.

PWCPD Diver:
The light of my life is teething and gets up every hour between 230am-630am. I've tried Motrin and Tylenol (not together). Teething rings are not cutting it either!

And to think I had it made when she started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks!! HA! Laughs on me and Mom!

Any of you fellow parents have any tips?

OK, Fellow Jeeper - I've used this with 2 children and going to be a 3rd

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00016X5Q4/ref=nosim/102-7277196-3856965?n=3760901

Belladonna. For teething its an absolute life saver. It's safe, its herbal, the only side effect the wee one naps for a while.

This is the same stuff that is used at the Midwifery my wife works at and every client there uses. :)

It's found at your local natural foods store (i.e. like Mother Earth) -- its the best $6 you'll ever spend.

Blitz:
My parents rubbed whiskey on my gums, obviously, I was too young to remember, but they claimed it works..... This is merely a useless statement, not a recommendation. Good luck with the kid.

Me too.

I hope that you find something that works. I remember I had to take my first born for a drive to put her to sleep at 3 am once.

we found that Southern Comfort worked better than vodka!!

Good luck. The bad news is that as the kids grow up, so do their problems (and yours!!) Gotta love it!

Kevin:14:

frozen ring helped. About Oragel, a doctor mentionned to us that it hardened the gums so it made theeting a longer process. I dont know if it's true but we used it at a last resort. Patience is the key.

The orajel doesn't seem to work with the amount of drool that she's putting out. I'll try the icepops next :)

nylabones, they worked fantastic. Wait that was the dog. We did on one occasion found the boy with it, MOM freacked I was mad that I could not find the camera fast enough. Oral jell worked, tried the wiskey thing once MOM was not to pleased with me, but it did work. Just remember they come in one at a time. Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom