New computer mares icon hd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:crafty:

Allow me to be the first...

Does it come with a "UNITED STATES" Warranty?!?!?! :confused:

Or does it have to be sent back to your store in Spain like my Galileo Sol for warranty or repairs? :no:

It looks like a nice computer by the way.

:crafty:

Allow me to be the first...

Does it come with a "UNITED STATES" Warranty?!?!?! :confused:

Or does it have to be sent back to your store in Spain like my Galileo Sol for warranty or repairs? :no:

It looks like a nice computer by the way.

Is this the same supplier that sold you the Galileo that you had to ship too?

Dear all,

As in any purchase for any product of any brand, products submitted to guarantee issue have to be return to the Authorized Dealer where it was purchased, in order to resend it to the manufacturer. That is to be applied to any purchase done at any shop. So it is not a question of having a UNITED STATES WARRANTY, it is always a global warranty and in all cases the product has to be handled by the original retailer (as an example, a product purchased in Cleveland cannot be handle to an Authorized Mares Dealer in New York; it needs to be handle to the same shop in Cleveland). As the warranty document in Mares products states: “Warranty claims must be submitted to the Authorized Mares Dealer where the product was purchased within 60 day of when de defect was found………”.
Scubastore.com, as an Authorized Dealer of any brand being sold at its site, covers (as we have been doing for the past 12 years) this guarantee with no extra cost whatsoever to the customer, and assumes all the costs (both return and resending) due to any warranty issue.

We hope this clarifies any doubt.

Many thanks and best regards

Um.......... close but no cigar........ no fumo, cigarro. Please put the fat fag down.........

Although your point about the product being sent back to an authorized dealer is accurate, your statement about it having to be sent back to the original retailer is misconstrued and leading. There is a difference in a USA warranty and a WW warranty.

Depending on the manufacture, if an item is purchased from a retailer outside of the USA, such as yourself, a USA dealer may not be able to assist in the warranty process at all.

As in any purchase for any product of any brand, products submitted to guarantee issue have to be return to the Authorized Dealer where it was purchased, in order to resend it to the manufacturer. That is to be applied to any purchase done at any shop.

If a individual brings in a product from a line that I rep, I am more than happy to assist in the process even if it wasn't purchased at my store. My hands are tied if it was bought from someone international like yourself. My assistance may not be recognized by the manufacture......

So it is not a question of having a UNITED STATES WARRANTY

Covered this......... and will again below.

(as an example, a product purchased in Cleveland cannot be handle to an Authorized Mares Dealer in New York; it needs to be handle to the same shop in Cleveland).

I could get a concession from Mares to assist, loan, replace or trade for said individual on the spot. There may be no chance of this for the consumer that has the problem if it is an international internet purchase. I can be an immediate liaison between an individual and the manufacture. I can be a "on site" extension of the manufacture CS or repair department, whether it is by picking up the phone, receiving a part, installing a part, handling paperwork or just coordinating the process. Clearly you get the point.....

There seems to be a bit of latitude between dealers in different regions, apparently the dealer network in Spain have to adhere to or have structured their CS guidelines differently then here in the USA. This I am concluding by your comment about it having to go back to the specific original retailer only.

“Warranty claims must be submitted to the Authorized Mares Dealer where the product was purchased within 60 day of when de defect was found………”.

If you want to quote from the Mares "good book", try this on for size....

"In case the MARES Product was purchased abroad the regional MARES distributor of your home country will render the respective warranty service (pls. refer to MARES distributors on Mares - just add water). Please note that the regional MARES distributor is entitled to charge handling fees and all other freight and duty expenses related to a warranty claim for purchases made abroad. MARES will refuse warranty service if the Product was purchased via the Internet or NOT purchased from an Authorized MARES dealer as listed on Mares - just add water ."

We both know that Mares will trying resolving the situation for all parties involved as often as possible. Would you agree that an international purchase may throw an unnecessary wrench in the process?

Then again, why do you keep referring to just Mares when we should be covering other brands too, like Scuba Pro? Galileo Sol, remember? That is what brought up this whole USA vs international warranty issue in the first place.

FROM THE SP WEBSITE......... under FAQ's

"If I buy SCUBAPRO UWATEC products overseas, can I get servicing / warranty coverage locally?

Yes, provided you bought the product from an Authorized Dealer.

Can I get warranty / service for products bought through internet websites?

In Europe yes, however only if you purchased your product from an internet website which is an Authorized Dealer.

OH, wait a minute, this could be an example of how a USA dealer could have his hands tied.........

There is also the issue with getting the specific warranty work addressed and expedited. As was stated in the other thread, the inquires that were made and the lacking CS that has been conveyed by YOUR OP.

It seems to be an example of what may transpire, putting themselves in situation that gives no form or recourse except as was taken by him posting.

Between the shipping both ways alone, this service may be extended longer than what the OP deems as sufficient or adequate, while out of your hands, without any intervention on your part. That alone could cause reflection on whether the $ savings is worth an extra variable as international. Then again, it could be the same turn around time frame as here...

The OP had to post this on your Mares thread to get some kind of feedback and update for a SP product, clearly it worked. Although I am sure this isn't a regular occurrence or reflection of your CS as you have explicitly implied, it still bares to mention that keeping your business on the same side of the pond you live may have benefits and avoid unnecessary headaches. Just like doing business w/ your local LDS whenever possible.

I commend you on taking action to conclude the warranty work that was requested previously by the OP. It is up to him alone to decide if it was handled appropriately. Congratulations on 12 years of business, I hope you have another 12 yrs of success........

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom