New Chicago Diving Family

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SMan

Reaction score
Myself and my two daughters were certified in early June. My wife is in the process of getting certified. I have really enjoyed reading the various opinions on the board. My OW course provided the basics and my instructor was great but you learn by doing. So practice and incorporating ideas from here have helped as far. It is nice to have a source of knowledge like this site. And since I am completely obsessed with diving now, I am sure that I will enjoy this board for a long time.

Just wanted to say "Hi" and "Thanks".

Also, any divers from Chicago willing to share their opinions on good places to dive around the Chicagoland area?

and a WARM Friendly Welcome from Sunny ARIZONA

Glad to have you aboard :balloon:

I was born in Chicago, grew up downstate, left the midwest in 1989. I always feel triumphant when I hear of another Illinois diver; my parents said I would never dive due to the geography, yet more midwesterners are falling in love with the sport daily. Have you tried lake Michigan? I hear there are nice wrecks there. Welcome!

Atlantis Divers Skin and SCUBA Diving Club is a not-for-profit organization based out of LaGrange, Illinois they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Welcome to the addiction

We are still practicing and gaining familiarity with are own equipment, so no Lake Michigan yet. But someday. Someone told me that Illinois has the second most number of certified divers. Sounds like an exaggeration to me but there are a lot of people in Chicago. Also, have heard that if you can dive here in cold water with poor vis that you can dive pretty much anywhere. But the import thing is that we have a family activity that we can incorporate into vacations. Of course, I keep hearing my cash being sucked away and away and ....

Thanks for the well wishes,
S

Greetings sman and wellcome to the group. jfo56

Welcome to the board. Allways nice to meet another diver from the Great Corn Desert.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom