New Camera Ready

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jerry Litzza

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a T9 Undersea Video Housing that I do love. I also have a pair of the 18W flourescent lights. This is a great setup for video.

However, it is big box to walk thru the airport with, and it always gets a good bit of inspection interest. Hasn't been a problem yet. BUT it is big, and it just fits the overhead.

On my last trip I only took my wife's Sony P9, it's housing, and one of the video lights, and an arm I cobbled together to mate them.

That was great, but the P9 is a pokey joe and I want a faster small camera. Holli, my wife, has agreed ... SO I have dispensation!

Now, I'd like to keep the cost down, but I have been entranced by the Olympus 8080 and the Oly housing, even thou it is nearly twice the expected budget. Is the WCON08 housing a wet exchange?

Now it appears Canon has small camera competitor (S60) that may be small enough, but is it fast enough. I hate shutter lag, cause the talent (fish etal.) won't hold still.

What is the concensus on small cameras that compete with in the Sony/ Canon BC pocketable?

Back
Top Bottom