New Camera, New Strobe, newbie photographer pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman:
well I'm far from the being the expert... but I think everyone will agree on some basics...

get close, and when you think you're close enough, get even closer.... :wink:

rule of thirds in terms of composition

shoot upwards

edit: related to composition, avoid side-on fish ID shots! (I'm still guilty on this one :D) try to get a fish/ nudi from head on or from an angle from the front...
awesome tips thanks. i'm guilty of ID shots hehe. Anywhere I can read up on the rule of thirds? i think the main problem is my cropping skills suck. i'll have to slowly get better
thanks for all the responses so far. much appreciated

Diver Dennis:
You have some good shots there. Pak has some good advice there, we all had the same teacher...:D

What camera set up are you using?
Canon A640 with Inon D2000.

Looks like I'm late to the party - glad to see everyone else saved me some typing!!

Rule of Thirds

And don't be scared to take ID shots - they are valuable, too.

Awesome set of shots, Skywalk! Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work. :D

Ed.

Ah, that Ed is your sifu! ha... you're in good hands already... in fact, I need some advice from Ed on macros!! :D

pakman:
Ah, that Ed is your sifu! ha... you're in good hands already... in fact, I need some advice from Ed on macros!! :D
yeah hahaha!
my webpage is pretty much complete...with names too. finally. editing can be tedious!

Great pics - really like the nudis !!!

pakman:

Pak! I'm flattered by your kind words. Please PM me your bank account no. and I'll bank in the money. :wink:

Ed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom