New Boat, new compressor...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The problem, Phil, is nice folks take the time to answer his questions - and he is likely laughing b/c thats what trolls do - just hate to see good, sincere people waste their time with jerks.

You have a better chance of seeing Jesus than this dope does of getting a 65' trawler.

Read his posts, Phil - you just have to shake your head.

I love humor - I love a little controversy - but this guy - how can he be anything but a troll?

The problem, Phil, is nice folks take the time to answer his questions - and he is likely laughing b/c thats what trolls do - just hate to see good, sincere people waste their time with jerks.

You have a better chance of seeing Jesus than this dope does of getting a 65' trawler.

Read his posts, Phil - you just have to shake your head.

I love humor - I love a little controversy - but this guy - how can he be anything but a troll?

I have followed every one of his posts. This guy is all over the board on subjects and crazy ideas. I certainly HOPE he is a troll. :) If not, he is just a nut.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

Jupiter thank you for the analysis. Did you ever stop to think maybe the reason im strapped IS BECAUSE IM BUYING A 65 FOOT BOAT?

Jupiter thank you for the analysis. Did you ever stop to think maybe the reason im strapped IS BECAUSE IM BUYING A 65 FOOT BOAT?

Actually no and neither did I. Where is the boat, who made it, pictures please.

Here is one:

Outer Reef 65 Raised Pilothouse Motor Yacht for Sale @ Andrew Coffey's Brokerage @ The Quays

It carries 2,000 gallons of diesel so that will be around 6,000 dollars per fill up. Frankly anyone purchasing a boat of this class would probably know a little bit about what types of systems they can support and is not going to be strapped for cash because the purchase price of this vessel would be just the beginning of the associated costs which are SIGNIFICANT. Dockage fees will be as much as a house payment, whatever.

Hey, if you really are getting one of those 65 footers, get yourself one of those green Borat bikinis and moon everybody on scubaboard from the bow, pic please!

Are you sure it is not a 6.5 footer:

68264991.jpg

Good luck, enjoy the boat. Sorry, I cannot help myself, I feel threatened by a troll with more skills than myself.

N

It's a 1974 Steel Longliner with a single screw diesel. Originally intended as a longliner for lobstering, but I'm turning it into a dive boat since it has a huge deck and can therefore easily withstand a compressor. Hence the post inquiring about an air compressor. This vessel burns about 5-7 gallons of diesel per hour and is therefore relatively easy on the wallet compared to mostly everything else. It's definitely a fixer-upper, but is also not as expensive as it could be if it were in better shape. However that being said, it's floating and runs well. Just needs a lot of TLC since there are many areas rusting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom