New Bare drysuit Trilam Tech Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*bump*

Anyone have any experience with this drysuit?

Also, I can get one for a really nice price, but I'm not sure how to size it.... due to logistics, I can't try one on first.

I'm also thinking of buying that drysuit. There was a diver who was wearing that drysuit and he loves it. The only complaint he has was that the TiZip zipper would open a bit when he was diving. I asked Bare if they ever heard of that problem before (I was inquiring about something else with them). They said that it depends on how much force you're applying to the zipper that would open it. :S Regardless, I think it's a nice drysuit. What price are you getting it for?

I have the Bare Trilam HD TechDry suit so does my G/F not the exact one to that link mine is 2yrs old but the suit is great have about 65ish dives on both our suits no issue's, or leaks come out dry every time so far.

This is a great suit at a great price point! I've already ordered (with bellows pockets) a couple of these for customers. Red is Not In Stock at the moment, the Black with Blue is nice. This suit is very similar to the D.U.I. Flex Extreme!

Do you really need suspenders in this drysuit?

I have the Trilam HD Tech Dry. Love it. If you call Bare, they can work with you on obtaining your measurements. They were right on with me. If you have to err, get it a little big. I did not realize how thick the layered undergarments can get. Proper fit is the absolute most important factor when spending that much money...

Also, I'd recommend getting the best quality underwear you can afford. These suits offer NO insulation other than keeping you dry. All the warmth is in the underwear.

DB

I hope to have a informed opinion soon. I bit the bullet and ordered one (scubastore.com says in stock, will see). I'm nervous about the zipper but have read Bare takes tier warranty seriously, so hope they make good if it's engineering fail on that one. After having a old typhoon suite and not being able to get badly leaking seams serviced, the Bare warranty sounded twice as good. I was pretty interested in a pinnacle e2 but it's a month+ lead time. I liked the dual pockets though and bummed the tech dry has none. Hopefully the new material is not to bad to add them on to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom