Suggestion new asian forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
chip104

chip104

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dear Doc and Tech Admin,

For some time I've noticed a lot of posts about Thailand in the Gen Asia forum. Ever consider making them a subforum to compliment the Zen and Paradise Divers? Just curious. I'd call them The Thailand Tiger Divers, or Buddhist Divers, or something like that.

Love Chip

chip104:
Dear Doc and Tech Admin,

For some time I've noticed a lot of posts about Thailand in the Gen Asia forum. Ever consider making them a subforum to compliment the Zen and Paradise Divers? Just curious. I'd call them The Thailand Tiger Divers, or Buddhist Divers, or something like that.

Love Chip

beleive me if they wanted it they would have requested it.

chip104:
I'd call them The Thailand Tiger Divers, or Buddhist Divers, or something like that.

Thailand is not an exclusively Buddhist country... Just to give the SB breakdown; the four Thais who are frequently on SB are ssra30, wunat, Vie and nagonoj - I can't speak for ssra30 or wunat but nagonoj is a Catholic and I am an agnostic... As for all the expats living in Thailand and frequenting SB (andiBK, buksida etc.) I doubt most of them, if any, are Buddhists.

In the words of one SB Mod:

"As far as SB subforum for Thailand, I am a bit ambivalent about that. After seeing the Philippines and Japan subforum in action, I think they become a subforum for a few people to chat and get a few occasional visitors whereas the main forum get a lot more visibility and participations from general mass. One thing I don't like about SB is that there are now way too many forums and many people now just use new thread function and ignore forums all together. However if there are enough people expressing interest in having Thailand subforum, I suppose that would be ok too."

Italics are mine.

I guess if any of you Thailand-based divers feel that "we" should have our own forum, please speak up and/or come up with a subforum name.

Dear Vie,

Thank you for your point of view in the Italics.

Love Chip

edit: and thank you for the demographic breakdown.

Back
Top Bottom