New aquaflex 2012 suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Has anyone had any experience with the new style of aqua lung aquaflex suit that came out this year? I hear a lot of good things about the old style, but I can't find any reviews whatsoever on the new one, so I don't know if there's a real difference other than the fabric on the outside of the suit being much much smoother than the old style. I was trying to decide between this suit and the solafx 8/7mm suit, which I had originally wanted but it was far too constricting in the arms and head area. I decided on the aquaflex and picked one up. It's extremely comfortable and about 3x less restrictive than the solafx suit. I can't wait to get in the water with it.

Anyone else have the chance to put one of these on yet?

Aqua Lung AquaFlex 7mm Men's 2012 | Dolphin Scuba Center

I tried on an AquaFlex 7mm XXL and it fit good?? Little snug but went on well. I was wondering about a XXXL, the shop did not have one, the friendly salesman said he thought a XXXL would be too big. I decided to order a SolaFX 8mm in XXXL but I had trouble getting it over my thighs and torso seems short. I knew I had to roll the suit over my torso(which has plenty of room) but I wound up having to roll the suit from my knees up.
All n All the Aquaflex 7mm XXL was easier to get in and out of than the SolaFX XXXL suit but I am very impressed with the construction of the SolaFX suit. It should be noticeably warmer. It has secondary seals at the wrists and ankles plus the built in hood.

I am 6'0" 245lbs, pretty muscular legs and arms but certainly not a weightlifter.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom