New (and yet kinda old) guy from Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Ranch in Terrell. It is not the Carribean but I really enjoyed diving there this Summer, I probably had 70 dives there over the Summer. Many of the dive shops use it to certify students. There are quit a few people that will camp out over the weekends. It is a good place to work on your skills. It is full of fish, a little over 50' deep and there are quite a few attractions. It is big enough that I tried to circle it on a tank and only made it 3/4 of the way in about 85 minutes at very slow pace. In October it started getting too cold for this warm water wus. They rent tanks/ equipment and have good access places.

Welcome. I started at 49. If you do get to the Texas coast, and want an inexpensive offshore trip once you’ve dived some, check out the Flower Gardens marine sanctuary beautiful coral, 90 miles offshore. Also Stetson Bank nearby.
Google it, and Fling Charters, out of Freeport.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom