Never Again (Kaila AT Backorder)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karissa

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So... I ordered a Kaila At BCD size small in May of this year (2011). I paid like $750.00 if not more for it and was told at the time that I placed my order that it was in stock and that I should have it within 4-6 weeks. I thought... this time frame is acceptable. So at the same time I also ordered the Dragon AT for my boyfriend, with the same time frame on arrival. He received his on time. It is now the middle of October I still have NO BCD and I have been forced to spend the additional money renting a BCD from my local dive shop every time that I have gone diving this year. Then four weeks ago the dive shop that I use called me and said that they got the new size chart in for MARES and that I would fit into a medium and that that size was actually in stock and that if I changed to a medium that I should have it in time to go diving on OCT. 22, 2011 (probably my last dive of the season). So I changed my order to a medium and when I got to the Dive shop to pick up my tanks last night... guess what... NO BCD. NEVER AGAIN will I order anything form MARIES!! I will also encourage everyone that I know not to purchase anything from them. This has been the worst experience that I have ever had with a company. With service like this I really don't know how they stay in business!!!

The dive shop needs to make it right, not mares. If the diveshop has done there transaction correctly then they should be compensated and forward it to you. why does this shop not have what they sell in stock in there store.

Contact mares directly, and at this point you should call cc company and and get money back, and buy another BC. It sounds like a runaround, just end it now.

Why did you pay $750 bucks for a BC at all? You can get the same one at Leisure Pro for 498! And that is a ridiculous price for a BC that you will likely replace in a couple years. You could get a Zeagle Express Tech for 250 plus add a few d rings and it would adapt and grow with your diving as would a BPW. I also agree with VooDoo on this. Your shop is screwing you over big time if that is what they charged you and then are making a killing on the rental fees they are collecting off of you. If you'd ordered a BC from me and there was ANY kind of delay on it I'd loan you a sub to dive with no charge even if you wanted to take it on vacation. Find another shop. Yours is ripping you off. I'd have canceled the order after 2 weeks of waiting. They may have had to pay a higher shipping rate but they could have gotten your one BC in. Cancel the order and get your money back. I bet it's still in their bank account.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom