Neutrally Buoyant Material pads for harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

napDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My xdeep Zen harness is a bit rough when i'm diving tropical water. Would like to get neutrally buoyant material to put as padding for the harness.

Does anyone know where i can get a generic one or material? Any other recommendations welcomed. Otherwise, i'd have to buy xdeeps 3D meshpad.

The Xdeep padding is also negligible buoyant as well

A sleeve from an old wetsuit. It has negligible buoyancy.

You had me for a minute, I read that and thought WTF. Then I realized you were in Florida, and you wouldn't be using the 7 mil suit we use up here. Thought you might get a chuckle.

I am using Apeks version of this and they are pretty comfortable. I believe it is very simple, straightforward and cost effective solutions.

I have shoulder pads on my HOG TBCS, which came installed with the bp/w, and sometimes wonder how much extra weight they require for neutral buoyancy. Somehow, I can't imagine them adding enough buoyancy to the the bp/w that I would notice any appreciable additional weight requirement since I see 2# weights as the minimum anywhere I have dived. I usually like to be about that much over perfect weighting, and even when diving locally with my own weights, my smallest are 2#.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom