NetDoc's Safety Package from Dive Right In Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

good price. i had a question about shipping charges, but didn't scroll down far enough to see that they're listed at the bottom of the shopping cart page.

Ordered 1 for the GF and a Trilobite for myself...Thanks NetDoc :)

I placed my order online around 11:15 pm on the 23rd of October. Mid-day on Saturday the 26th the package was sitting on my front porch.

Thanks Dive Right In Scuba for such great customer service!!! :)

Good to hear! Was everything as you hoped it would be?

But if I were alone in the middle of the ocean because I became separated from the boat, I'd like to improve my visibility to passing aircraft. I roll my mirror inside my SMB before securing with the velcro strap and hooking to a D ring.

They're pretty cheap.

Signal Mirrors at REI - FREE SHIPPING With $50 minimum purchase.

If they are plastic just do not get them wet - seriously they warp in water and can also delaminate. I have seen that with several mirrors. That said I have used one for a rescue and they do work.

Ordered my last Wednesday night, 10/23. It arrived today. Good stuff. Thanks Ya'll!:D

OK, no primping with the Safety mirror. It's not meant for a hair emergency, Gary! Keep your attention on your buddy!

I'm a pretty new, and clueless, diver. I have been thinking about getting a little safety gear to take with me when I travel. This is pretty perfect timing.

Can you compare and contrast with DRIS's other package? I would love to hear why you chose the items you did. Especially the line cutter vs. the shears and the slate vs. the wet notes.

You also have a 6' safety sausage. In class we used a much shorter one. It looks like neither SMB has retroreflective tape. As a guy who has searched for people on the water, I can tell you that retroreflective tape is *very* important.

Thank you.

I'm a pretty new, and clueless, diver. I have been thinking about getting a little safety gear to take with me when I travel. This is pretty perfect timing.

Can you compare and contrast with DRIS's other package? I would love to hear why you chose the items you did. Especially the line cutter vs. the shears and the slate vs. the wet notes.

You also have a 6' safety sausage. In class we used a much shorter one. It looks like neither SMB has retroreflective tape. As a guy who has searched for people on the water, I can tell you that retroreflective tape is *very* important.

Thank you.

I'll let NetDoc answer the specifics about why he chose this assortment but a longer (taller?) SMB is more visible than a shorter one, especially in rougher surface conditions. Also, wet notes are great of you have pockets, but most wetsuit divers and most BC's do not have a great place to keep them, so a wrist slate makes sense. However, for those of us with someplace to keep them, a wet notes option would be great! (Hint hint Mike :D). I carry both shears and a line cutter, and honestly have only used the line cutter so can't give you a good opinion of one over the other. I will say the line cutter did it's job very, very well when I got some line while going through some thick kelp. Just pull the cutter, hook it, and it was cut.

I teach my students to shoot a safety sausage from depth. For that to happen successfully, the sausage must have an OPV (Over Pressurization Valve) and be able to be inflated with the inflater hose. It's my opinion that if you shoot the sausage from your safety stop, there won't be much of a search.

Merxlin nailed why I choose the wrist slate.

Why no shears? They rust and fall apart when you really need them. I'm sure that there's a titanium pair of shears out there somewhere that is affordable, but I haven't seen it. I just can't recommend something I have seen fail over and over. The trilobyte is an awesome cutter. You can sweep behind your head without fear of cutting anything but your entanglement. It's simple, small and sharp even if/when it rusts.

Back
Top Bottom