NetDoc's Safety Package from Dive Right In Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I should point out that there are a few other safety items you can and should carry. A Nautilus Lifeline, a small titanium knife and a small flashlight are all great tools that every diver should own and carry. They aren't in this kit because they would make the kit not affordable for most people.

1000 lumen light for me and NetDocs kit for Wife's checkout dives in Islamorada mid-November. I was looking for an SMB, whistle and trilobite for the boss lady then I saw the kit. BUT ordered it before the mirror option!!

Oh, the inhumanity! :D

thanks!

Thank you for the quick and thorough answers. Mine is ordered :) I was taught to shoot from depth (we practiced at 20 - 30 feet) by inflating orally. I think that was to help me with buoyancy control. Air from lungs to SMB means no net change with the first breath. The inflater hose is the low pressure hose? There is no way I would get that on an off with 5mm gloves. They might do things differently out here. Thank you again. This is just what I was looking for.

---------- Post added October 29th, 2013 at 09:20 AM ----------

Regarding the mirror. One of the reviews says it has an aiming hole, but in the picture I don't see a grid. Is it one of the ones that projects a target?

(For those who haven't used signal mirrors much. Some are just mirrors; you try to guess where the hotspot will be by holding up your fingers. Some have a sighting system where you look through a hole in the mirror and the mirror puts a bright spot where your light will be reflected. Here is a random web page showing how it works.)

And what is the purpose of the red side? I saw two sites saying it was so you could signal at night by bouncing your flashlight off the mirror. That seems... odd.

Oh, by the way, there are some pretty cool stickers that came in my package. That is if you like stickers.:D

I roll my mirror inside my SMB before securing with the velcro strap and hooking to a D ring.

Not so sure about this one. Whether the mirror is glass, metal or plastic, it can still crack. A sharp edge could cut the SMB rendering it useless. I just don't think wrapping the mirror inside the SMB is a good idea.

Not so sure about this one. Whether the mirror is glass, metal or plastic, it can still crack. A sharp edge could cut the SMB rendering it useless. I just don't think wrapping the mirror inside the SMB is a good idea.

I've had a plastic mirror inside the mesh pouch on a different model (DAN version) for 8 years and no problems. Just check for sharp edges. It's been sat on, bounced around the tank wells on boats, dropped and I've never broken the mirror.

Good to hear! Was everything as you hoped it would be?

Yes it is...I also order her a Zeagle Zena with grape ascents and it should be here (Colorado) in a week or so. I want to give everything to here all at once and then we can try them out on our Keys trip in 22 days... :d

I mean really, have you ever tried to shoot a mirror to the surface from your safety stop??? :D :D :D

Really?!? It's not hard at all. Just attach the mirror to your SMB, add some air to the SMB, and up she goes. :wink:

Really?!? It's not hard at all. Just attach the mirror to your SMB, add some air to the SMB, and up she goes. :wink:

Oooooo...this sound cool!!!

Is there a YouTube video yet? :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom