Neptune Prince Catalina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Gilpin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
About 3 yrs ago I went out with Steve Maderas on the Neptune Prince which was part of Scubaluv in Avalon. It was a great experience. However now that I want to go back I notice their small boat is called Second Stage and has a new captain. Did Captain Maderas retire or is he working elsewhere? I would like to dive with him again if he is active. Also which is the best boat off Catalina at this time? I prefer to spend a couple of nights on the island rather than a liveaboard. How about ideas on Lodging.

Steve & Diana Madaras sold their galf interest in ScubaLuv and moved to Hawaii. Their partners Bob & Tina Kennedy are sole owners now, running both the King Neptune and the Second Stage. Actually I haven't been out on either boat, but I like their operation. I do business with both Scuba Luv and Catalina Divers Supply which runs a nice Newton 46 and has a good DM (Ron Moore).

As for accommodations, if you're coming this weekend or next they may be sold out since it is the annual JazzTrax festival. You could try the Chamber of Commerce (310-510-1520) to see if any of the hotels have vacancies.

Dr. Bill

Thanks for the info Dr Bill. Good for them. I do remember he had a divemaster son on Maui. I will be in Loreto diving with Raphael this month so I wont be on Catalina til near Thanksgiving. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom