NeoSport wetsuit comments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

got2av8

Reaction score
My LDS has a 7 mil farmer john & jacket by Neosport, new, for $149. This seems like an obscenely low price based on the comparison shopping I've done. Anybody want to tell me this is too good to be true? Suit would be mostly used for winter dives in Southern US lakes, plus maybe a couple New England summer recreation dives, i.e. we're not talking ice dives or tech. dives to 200+ ft. Am I going to be kicking myself later on? Why/why not? Only immediate drawback I can think of is the lack of an attached hood.

Hey, if it fits, go for it. On the cheap end, neoprene is basically neoprene. There can be subtle differences, but the stuff is tough.

I've a NeoSport 2/3 that's held up quite well for about 4 years. I, like you, was a bit reticent to purchase it at first because of the price (if it's inexpensive it can't be any good mentality), but I'm quite satisfied. I think I would take my experience to a higher level of insulation with them.

You're probably talking about This suit which we've had great luck with. Seem to hold up fine and have a good fit.

For those who don't know... Neo Sport is a Henderson product... sorta. Henderson did such a good job at developing a premium market with their Gold and Hyperstretch, but the cheap suits like the Parkway, etc were selling to the inexpensive market. Henderson did not want to make a suit that cheap as they were worried they would hurt the branding they had accomplished... "Henderson... good - but pay for it..."

Not that it was a real slogan... but it's the impression they wanted out there... So to make a cheaper suit, they did not want the Henderson Name on it, so they started a company called NeoSport.

And while some of the components may be a bit cheaper, it is still a good quality suit and at amazing prices... A shorty for under $50, a full length 3/2 for under $80, and yes, even a 7mil, john/jacket combo for under $150.

For a hood... spend the extra bucks and get the Henderson Hyperstretch. Way Comfy!

Larry is correct as Neosport being made by Henderson but alot cheaper. I love Hendersons Hyperstretch suits for warmer waters, but I couldn't justify paying that price for my kids since they tend to outgrow a wetsuit during a single season. The neosports have held up excellent and I have been able to sell them for close to what I paid for them since they show little signs of wear.

As to the Hyperstretch hood, I will go one further and say to also add Hyperstretch gloves. Great warmth and flexibility.

got2av8:
My LDS has a 7 mil farmer john & jacket by Neosport, new, for $149

I Have 7mm farmer 2-part Neosport ,Love it!fits great and well keeps me warm in the cold lake& Quarrys,I rinse it after each use and holds up fine-over 50+dives on it, The way i look at it i can save up on that dry suit some day!

My husband has that two-piece 7-mil suit by NeoSport -- we even got it from ScubaToys! He's sold on it. He adds a hood and gloves and his dive boots and he's ready for Tenkiller, Table Rock Lake, you name it.
Of course, I like my "regular" Henderson two-piece 3-mil. It's a bit softer than the NeoSport, but not like the Gold Core or the Hyperstretch. It works fine, though.
One thing I do is put on a cheap pair of stockings first. The legs slip on easily, and the rest takes care of itself.
Now if I could find an easier way to manhandle four sets of scuba gear in the bathtub when rinsing/soaking it!

I believe that all henderson suits are assembled in millvile nj at Henderson hq. while the neosports are assembled overseas. both are cut overseas. im not certain but was told this by a former rep. either way they are both Henderson suits which mean they are the best money can buy. As, i stated in another post, competing suits are made by slave labor with inferior disease causing chemicals. Henderson on the other hand use environmentally safe raw materials, pay a livable wage and are rumored to give most of their profits to veterans and orphaned children.

This information is based solely in fact and not anecdotal evidence. All of this can be substantiated on the internet by reading my previous post. If you read it twice it has to be true!! Lastly, please do not let the fact that i was born and raised in the God fearing, children loving, All American City of Millville NJ detract attention from the obvious. Henderson/Neosports are the best!!!

Back
Top Bottom