Neoprene Care

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I hope this isn't too basic a question for a Basic Scuba Discussion, but I'm not sure which is the best care for wetsuit storage after they're throroughly dry. Is it best to keep the hung on a hanger or to fold? Or does it not matter once they are dry?http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

I have more than a few wetsuits, and I just hang mine up. Folding them for long periods of time tends to give you nice creases and stuff. If you use a nice thick hanger or a wetsuit hanger, you can avoid getting creases on the shoulders.

Yep, I hang mine on a wide suit hangar. The only time I fold it is when I pack it up in a rubbermaid tub to and from the dive site.

thanks GP and Johnythan. Makes sense. I thought handing for a long time might stretch the shoulders.

nice idea Bob3. thanks

Bob3 once bubbled...
I take a broom handle, tie a line in the middle of it. Insert through sleeves & run line out the neck. Hang by the line.
No strain on shoulders at all that way.
:wink:

Makes a handy scarecrow in a pinch too...

:) :wink: :)

As sonn as I get home from a dive trip, I always rinse it with plenty of fresh water and hang it from the rafters using a underwater kinetics wetsuit hanger. I only fold it for the trip to the dive site/boat.

vertaqua once bubbled...
I only fold it for the trip to the dive site/boat.

Actually, my friend taught me a little trick to packing wetsuits. Instead of folding them up and possibly putting creases in them, I *roll* them up and put them in my luggage. Kinda like what you do with a tie or belt.

Thx...Doug

Back
Top Bottom