Nemo Wide MAJOR Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Help!!! I just received my new Nemo Wide and it has an issue even Mares says they have not seen. The unit arrived with a dead battery (not really a big deal...) I replaced the battery and IMMEDIATELY when I put the cover back on the battery, the screen flashes for a second, then "mem check" appears at the bottom of the screen, then "pass" stays on the bottom of the screen. When I push the buttons...nothing happens...the computer is locked. I have contacted my reseller (who is going to take care of me and seems to be awesome) but I have to ship the unit back to Germany to his location. Is there any reset that I can perform to help clear this code before I am without my computer for a few weeks? Any help is really appreciated, even if someone just says they have seen this before. I still like the look, feel and advertised functions of the Nemo Wide and I am just assuming that this is normal for me (if it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all :D).

Thanks from Dubai.
Richard ( a really new enthusiast with a bunch of Mares stuff)

Last edited:
Richard sent me a PM and this was answered. It does need to go back.

Phil
Phil, can you elaborate on the problem? Is this a one time anomaly? Known, and hopefully corrected manufacturing defect? Something we can or should check for now, to insure we don't have a similar problem?

Any info much appreciated. As always, your support is most appreciated.

Rick,

The problem he is describing is not something we have seen in other units, so I really can't elaborate. This is why he needs to send it back. It could just be a defect in this unit, most likely electronic, but without someone who is much more qualified than I actually inspecting the unit, I really don't know anything.

Regards,

Phil

Phil,
The unit has been returned to Mares Germany for analysis (this is the location of the reseller). The reseller has responded with awesome timing and they sent the unit to the local Mares guys the same day they received it. I just wanted you to be aware of the status in the event that they simply replace my unit and do not communicate the reason for the occurrence. Again, I have found exactly the same details as you...no one, user or manufacturer, has EVER seen these messages, so I have to assume that I have the fluke occurrence. No worry though, I am still sold on the Wide as my primary computer. I cannot impress upon you and all those reading how wonderful Mares (yourself included) has responded in both response time and eagerness to help! I just wish other companies followed suit.
Thanks.
Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom