Nemo Wide issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wide_open

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings,

My computer has never really given me problems until now. Ever since I bought the computer (new), The battery level has shown 100% full. Before going diving recently, I checked battery level to make sure it was still good, and it still showed 100%. But on the boat right before starting a dive, I was adjusting settings and I got the message that the battery was critically low, in the 5% range.

Do you have any idea what could have caused this problem with battery gauge OR drastic drop in battery level? Should I send it back to Mares before opening the battery compartment so they can give it a look?

By the way, I researched this topic and found some similar issues, but no solutions. I submitted two different tickets to Mares' technical support and haven't gotten responses or acknowledgements of either request. So...thanks to anyone who will share info.

If I remember correctly, there was a problem with the battery level meter in the early Nemo Wide. I had it happen to me, but since I upgraded the firmware, I have not had a problem. I never let my battery get less than 50%, battery change is easy and cheap and knowing that it will not cause a problem makes for great peace of mind.

Thanks TN Traveler. Maybe Mares customer service will get back to me one of these days, but till then I'll look into the firmware upgrade. Thanks again!

Hi there, I am not customer service, and I don't remember there being an issue as TN traveler suggested. However if the firmware upgrade remedied this similar situation, then I suggest you do the same. You do not need to send it to us prior to opening the battery compartment. It is considered a user replaceable battery. I would also try a new battery and see what happens. It could be the battery had a flaw? It's hard to say. If these solutions don't remedy the issue, I recommend taking it to a mares dealer to have them return to us to take a look. It is nearly impossible to diagnose and solve issues with out the unit in hand.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Back
Top Bottom