Nemo Black Passion - short battery life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scc135

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I purchased a Nemo black passion 3 years ago and I remember the battery lasting me the better part of a year with it constantly on (I used it as a watch). The battery died, stopped diving for a bit, and I got a proper watch, so only recently I started diving again. The battery was replaced and I did one dive a week later, and when I hit the surface after only a 10 minute dive, the Nemo screen was blank. I did accidentally bang it on a rock (not hard though), so I thought maybe it was damaged or the seal wasn't good. The battery was checked and found to be dead. I thought it may have been an old battery, but when I swapped in another battery, that one lasted only about 6 weeks and 9 dives. Is the battery life supposed to be so short? Am I not supposed to use it in watch mode constantly? Or is there something wrong with my unit?

Hi there,
The Nemo watch is certainly meant to be worn and used as fulltime watch if desired. To extend battery life, it is a good idea to turn to off when not in use. Having said that, if not under heavy diving use, the battery should last quite some time.

Did you have an authorized Mares Nemo service center replace the battery at your last interval? This is a bit of a delicate operation and our policy suggests any battery replacement be facilitated by our service center, or a trained Mares dealer with the right equipment. If you have followed the correct procedures and it is still draining quickly, I would suggest taking it to an authorized Mares dealer, and they can send it to our service center to be analyzed.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Back
Top Bottom