Nemo Air battery cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MtnPlayVA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm leaving for Key Largo in a few days so I took the gear to the pool two weeks ago to make sure all was well. My Nemo Air is registering low battery so I took it to the shop to have it replaced. They had 4 techs try to get the cover off and it won't budge. They got it to the unlock point but it will not come off. It isn't completely stripped but it will be if it's messed with any more. They offered to send it back but I don't have time now - I have an Oceanic as a back up if it fails while I'm down there but I love my Nemo! Any advice for getting the cover off? Does Mares have replacements if it does get stripped? Thanks!

Hi there again. Yes we have the parts.. (44200723 oring and 44200565 battery door). These can be purchased by your authorized Mares dealer. There is probably just a bit of salt build up within the door and seating area causing the door to be stuck. Perhaps a dental pick and gentle pry will break the seal. Obviously being cautious to not damage the seating area.
I hope this helps and have a fantastic trip.

Zak

Zak is correct. When I tried to open mine to change out the battery it took a bit of persistant pressure to rotate the cover to the 'unlock' position, then nothing! I could not get the cover to come off the unit. I messed with it for a bit then I think I worked it loose with a plastic tooth pick. Make sure it is good and clean and the o-ring undamaged when you put it all back together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom