NELD Nov 9-10 dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

notabob

Contributor
Reaction score
Some of the NELD diehards took advantage of the great weather we had over the weekend.

Sat. Nov 9
MSilvia and myself dove Gun Rock point in Hull, MA (South Shore). It was supposed to be a nice site with some things to see, even if it is shallow (20ft). Unfortunately, once we got in the water, the vis turned out to be less than stellar, on the order of 2ft. After practicing our nav skills and fighting some mild current and surge we decided that it was no fun at all, and headed back in. Water temp, incidentally, was 50F. The only thing we saw as far as I could tell was each other's fins. Needless to say, any thoughts of a 2nd dive were discarded. But we got wet, and you all know what they say about a bad day of diving.

Sun. Nov 10.

AaronBBrown, GMBaker, FMike, Seth (a NELD member to be), and myself met up at Ft. Wetherill. After hearing about the "great" vis from divers getting out of the water in the right cove (there was nobody in the left one), we decided to try our luck in another place. Which after a short period of driving ended up being.... Ft. Wetherill. The other side of the left cove. Granted, at the time we kind of thought that it was called something else, but that's semantics. We did realize that we were simply on the other side of the cove. Amazingly enough, looking into the water the vis looked good, so in we went. But as soon as we did, it dropped down to about 3ft. We made a good dive of nonetheless. Of course, like a final slap in the face, the last 20 yards or so near the exit point the visibility improved to about 7-8ft, right near the shore. We all got out of the 55F water to find Rax standing on the enbankment above us, snickering. After some discussion, we decided not to do a 2nd dive. Which was lucky, as about 15mins later the sky opened up in a major way. Still, I think everyone was glad to get wet, except maybe Rax who never did get to don a wetsuit that day, some possibly for the last time this season.

-Roman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom