Nekton Pilot Northern Bahamas Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mchiapetto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We sailed on the Nekton Pilot in the beginning of July. This was our first liveaboard experience. And it will not be our last. What a great way to dive.

We did the Northern Bahamas trip and had a great time. Here is a link that will get you to our trip report (very long) and our pictures.

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/mchiapetto

The Nekton Pilot was very nice. The ship is getting a little tired though.

One thing we noticed is that they did not raise and lower the boat on the pontoons like other guests told us they did in the past. I seems they are having a problem with getting the water pumped out after they fill them up. The result is the ship is not as stable in the seas as it should be.

Other than that, we had a great time. We are thinking of doing the Nekton Rorqual (the newer sister ship to the Pilot) on a trip to Belize next.

Excellent report and nice photos. You must have taken the Bahama Adventure trip. I took the Nekton Rorqual last summer and your photos are very similar to mine. It was great reliving a great week. I highly recommend Nekton to anyone. The Rorqual being newer is in great shape and very easy for new divers to get a variety of experience with comfort.

That was a great report. We are taking our first live aboard trip on the Rorqual in October on the Cay Lobos Route and you really helped with our expectations. Thanks for the post!

Just got off the Rorqual route this weekend. I could have xeroxed that report and changed the dive sites and the menu.

Great report...Rorqual was great diving also. Am already looking at rebooking another shot later this year.

Nice pictures. As a new diver whose really interested in fish identification I found myself trying to ID the fish in your pics before reading your captions. I did very well. I dove the northern Bahamas (Freeport) a few months ago and recall seeing a Nekton dive boat in our general area on one of the days I dove.
Thanks for the link to your pictures. I can never get enough of that stuff.

I'm trying to talk my wife into a liveaboard like your trip. I'm sure after reading your totaly thorough report, she won't have any hesitation as to what to expect. Even the food report is very helpful. She is a little picky, so knowing what to expect helps a lot.

...that work on the Rorqual. If you dive on the Rorqual then Evan Snyder and Ben Martin are two great guys to deal with. The three of us were in diving school together so I know them pretty well. They'll treat you right and are a lot of fun to hang around with. Tell 'em Colin said hey!

Back
Top Bottom