Nekton Belize a big disappointment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've just seen this thread. Like many others, I wish the OP had contacted Nekton and received their response BEFORE making a public post about them. So often what is originally written turns out to be half-baked to at least some degree, and it really isn't fair on the operator.

Nesher have you gone on your trip yet? I trust you will have a wonderful time and I look forward to hearing all about it!
Melissa

Melissa:

I'm scheduled for the the 15 - 22 Dec 07 itinerary. I'll journal this trip and post a report when I return. I'm really looking forward to having a WONDERFUL time.

Nesher, I wouldn't get too stressed out just yet. It sounds like that trip just got started off wrong with Belize gov't officials and went down hill from there. I wouldn't blame the crew or capt quite yet. Capt Ephey was the Nekton Pilot captain when we were on our trip and he was awesome. In fact, the entire crew was great even the new guy who decided he hated it (too much work for him) and his first week there was his last (he quit). My hubby and I have been diving awhile and never had a perfect trip anywhere, there are always glitches on some level, so lets not panic yet.

I can verify that.... I was on that trip with you guys... Its me, the toe guy.

Been on the Nekton a few times. Its always been great.

I've just seen this thread. Like many others, I wish the OP had contacted Nekton and received their response BEFORE making a public post about them. So often what is originally written turns out to be half-baked to at least some degree, and it really isn't fair on the operator.
I am glad the OP feels free to speak openly here. His half-baked opinions are supported by another passenger on the cruise, and there is no reason to think that they are any less baked than the many positive reviews Nekton gets here. Reasonable readers will read more than one thread, take into account the many rave reviews from other Nekton passengers, and act accordingly. I think he has actually done a service to the operator, who can act promptly to address the issues raised (and it sounds like they will.)

I can say that I'm glad to hear of his experience. I've been on Nekton cruises before, and had a great time. However, he had a bad experience, and I welcome his comments. If the operator doesn't want bad reviews, they can step up their performance, which it sounds like Nekton has done.

I am booked on the Pilot for new years. I will post my unbiased opinions and conclusions on my return. This will be my family's first live aboard. With four of us going the price is steep. I hope for the best and plan for the worst as with any dive.

Sorry you had such a bad time. I just go back from trip Nov 17-24 and had quite the opposite trip. Loved the crew. Captain Grant great, played games with us almost every night when he wasn't on duty, very, very capable at his job. Had total trust in his abilities. So what he's quiet, he knows his job and is a great guy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom