Negril Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaThor

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The wife and I are leaving for Negril in a few weeks and I was wondering if there are any "must dives" out there? We are doing one of those all-inclusive dealies and I get two dives per day. Suggestions would be welcomed.
Thank you.
T

This should be in the Greater Caribbean & Bahamas section of the travel clubs.
Anyway to answer your question, check out this thread that I started http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=94128&highlight=Dive+sites+in+Jamaica

Throne room is great, @#%!! great. It's basically just this huge forest of sponges, unbelievable, massive barrel sponges, tube sponges, gorgonians. Definitetly one of my favorites, look for Willar's post in that thread he has some good information on sites in Negril.

Feel free to PM me or post again if you have any other questions.

My recommendation would be to skip Jamaica. Just my personal feeling. I hated be bothered all the time on the streets by people trying to sell me pot. I didn't think the diving was that great compared to other places that I've been.

Wish the government would do something about all the hassling/agressive sales techniques of people trying to get tourists to buy trinkets, shirts and illicit material.

I always find it interesting to hear visitors perceptions when they travel here.
Eh, rent a car and avoid the 'touristy' spots Scubathor and you probably won't be hassled as much.

Man, Jamaica always gets a bad rap and thats just too bad. I absolutely love the
land of wood and water. Throne room is good. Another site called Sands Club also
pretty good. Granted the life in the water is way down in Jamaica compared to
other islands but reefs and people just dont get along. Theres 2.8 million living in
Jamaica. And I've found the life in the water around Negril to be in pretty good
shape. As far as being hounded by hagglers...you can do 2 things. Either buy something, or simply say Minowannitmon, most are very cool and will give ya some
respect knuckles and move on. Jamaica is a great place, Ill be in mobay for the second time and Jamaica for the 4th time in Feb. See ya there Jamdiver!
yeahmon, everyting is chris

Thanks for the advice...this is our second trip to Jamaica, and I can't say that I've felt "bothered" there at all. We're also doing one of those all-inclusives, and tend to stay on the resort for most of the time. I'll be sure to get a trip to the Throne Room in.
Thanks again.
T

FOUNDATIONER:
Man, Jamaica always gets a bad rap and thats just too bad. I absolutely love the
land of wood and water. Throne room is good. Another site called Sands Club also
pretty good. Granted the life in the water is way down in Jamaica compared to
other islands but reefs and people just dont get along. Theres 2.8 million living in
Jamaica. And I've found the life in the water around Negril to be in pretty good
shape. As far as being hounded by hagglers...you can do 2 things. Either buy something, or simply say Minowannitmon, most are very cool and will give ya some
respect knuckles and move on. Jamaica is a great place, Ill be in mobay for the second time and Jamaica for the 4th time in Feb. See ya there Jamdiver!
yeahmon, everyting is chris

More like 'mi no waan it man' :).
There's no o in man :wink:. Glad you had a good time here.

Jamdiver:
More like 'mi no waan it man' :).
There's no o in man :wink:. Glad you had a good time here.

Yeah, sorry. Didn't have my English/Patois-Patois/English dictionary handy:D

Back
Top Bottom