Needle/cut resistant gloves - any preferences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snowdog61

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
looking at possibly upgrading my hunting gloves. i mostly lobster and collect lionfish and after a recent run in with a lionfish spine I started thinking about investing in a better glove. Previous gloves have been a goatskin gardening glove (loved it - $7 at Walmart on sale, vented mesh back, and lasted 1 1/2 seasons before the finger tips rubbed through - should have bought a few pair....) and the regular latex dipped mesh generic gardening glove (constantly getting poke throughs but cheap). Police departments regularly use puncture/cut resistant gloves (turtle skin) and I see that HexArmor has a glove that was used for lionfish collection (Sharpsmaster II). SharpsMaster is basically an upgrade on the generic dipped gardening glove and looks very promising and is a good deal cheaper than the Turtleskin. Any one have any experience with either of these or want to suggest something? Not really wanting to drop $40+ on a specialty glove that i'm not sure about

There's a brand called ninja max on amazon. They are coated dynema. Cut resistant but not puncture resistant. Very inexpensive.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I've used Dyneema gloves from a local tool supply store... about 8 bucks. Nitrile dipped, so they don't get "gummy" like the generic rubber-dipped gloves. I haven't found any glove that is truly puncture resistant...

The spearos seem to concur with your choice of Nitrile dipped Dyneema. $8 is certainly more on my price point but this was what I was looking at - Needle Puncture Resistant Gloves: SharpsMaster II® 9014 | HexArmor and yes, it's puncture resistance. Should be sufficient for a lionfish though I see that they are dipped in latex rubber and for $37 I think I can do without the gummy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom