Needing Serious Boat Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a 21 foot walk around cuddy and I like it over the center console because I can get out of the weather and keep things dry. Center consoles have more deck space and can be fitted with a T-top to keep you out of the sun but the tops tend to be over priced. I put a hard top on my boat and have the best of both worlds. If money is not an object, I would go with a boat that is good on fuel. I have a 225 HP Mercury outboard but she is thirsty. I would go with a four stroke outboard or a diesel on a bigger boat. Good luck this time.

You might want to look at Triumph Boats. Try the 215 CC or the 210CC model in the used market. They don't have the cabin you are looking for but they are tougher than a fiberglass boat. At a boat show you will be handed a sledge hammer and told to hit the hull. They are made of Roplene.
Check out www.triumphowners.net and read what the owners have to say. I'm listed there under the same name as here.
The 210CC has a compartment in front of the console that will hold several scuba tanks. Keep the weight low and out of the way.
A guy on the site, OspreyVic, gave me a tour of his boat a couple of weeks ago.
I have an older model, a Logic 186. I use it for cruising, scuba diving, camping and Geocaching. My boat is a 19 footer that is 8 feet wide and has an 11 inch draft. I can go where most boaters don't dare go....but want to. A safety feature is that they won't sink.
Genmar bought the line and changed the name starting with the 2002 year.

My 2 cents worth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom