Needed Fuji Finepix F30 UW housing manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bostondancer

Reaction score
I bought the housing a few months back for a trip in April and for the life of me cannot find the manual. I only briefly glanced through it so I have no idea what all I need to do to prepare it for use. I know there was something about greasing the O rings, etc.

I tried the fuji site to see if I could order or download one with no luck. If anyone has one they don't mind parting with, I am happy to pay for packing and shipping. My trip is on 4/15 so I have a couple of weeks. I live in Boston so if you prefer lending it to me I can pick up.

thanks a lot in advance.

bd--You know how you can buy all this stuff and promise to put away all the packaging etc. away before you lose any of it but then...? (Well yeah, I guess you do know. Sorry.) Anyway, I'm looking for some other owners manual when dang, a WP-FXF30 Fuji UW housing manual. And next to it, dang #2--a 2d identical manual! No, it's not yours, but it could be. PM me and tell me where to mail it. // ww

Bostondancer, I'll see if I can find my manual but honestly there is not that much to it in terms of maintenance. If I do find it, I could try to scan the important pages and email them to you.

The package includes o-ring grease and an o-ring pick for pulling out the dual o-rings. The main (I think) outer O-ring is squarish so just make sure it sits OK. No need to excessively grease the rings every dive. Always watch out for hair or other things sitting on the o-ring before closing. Post dive, give it a good soak and push all the buttons. After an extended trip, give it a good long soaking in fresh water...

oh and don't forget to put one of the silocon dry packs in the bottom.

Pakman pretty much nailed it--not much to the book and he covered about all there is to do. The double 0-ring seal is a good system, not much maintenence needed. Definitely clip on the flash diffuser and spend time playing w/ the camera in the housing before you go, get used to the buttons. The camera is slightly negatively bouyant, no need for weights. Works especially well on macro--it's a fun outfit. Will still send the manual if you need it. // ww

Bostondancer,

Not sure if mine came with a full manual, but I did find a quick maintenance guide. Here it is... [Note: I was wrong on the inner o-ring. It's not square, but does have a flat side to it]

Attachments

• F30 Case.jpg
    F30 Case.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 28
Actually there is a booklet (in 5 languages) that shows how to put the camera in, get the O-rings out & lubed etc. If you are uncertain about UW housings it might be good to have it--happy to send you my 2d copy no charge. (I think Pakman's cameras never even have a chance to dry off, since he dives WAAYYYY too much--judging from all the great pics he has posted from places that make me jealous! ) // ww

WW, but my F30 is feeling unloved at the moment... I need to take it out more often :wink:

I don't know man, if all you have is that wimpy quick maintenence guide it probably feels unappreciated too. Can't believe you would have a dry camera! // ww

Ah, another F30/31 user. Welcome to the pond!

The F31fd is my backup. While I take it on each dive, I have to admit that I've never opened the booklet. I could fax you a copy of the instructions if needed. Glad to have another Bostonian here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom