need wp-dc90 and strobe set-up help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've finally got a hold of the housing for the a620 but now need help. Since Inon has not (although I hope in the future they will) made an adapter for this housing, I need suggestions on how to set up the wiring for the d-2000 so I can use the strobe. I thought I'd duct tape the wires on the back of the diffuser so that the flash will fire up the strobe. Seems to work topside but don't know if the duct tape will hold up underwater. Any suggestions? Thanks. Also, will I need to use the magnet on the d-2000 or leave it off? Thanks again.

PS: The diffuser does come off from the main body.

I assume you are using the dark film strip with the black paper frame that goes over the cameras flash so as to squash the cameras flash and convert it to infrared light for transmission through the fiber optic cable.

As far as duct tape goes I would suggest a better method. You can try a small glob of Marine Goop to attach the cable to the housings diffuser.

As far as the magnet insert goes I am not sure whether you need to insert it or not. My Inon manual does not have your camera model in it.

Gilligan:
I assume you are using the dark film strip with the black paper frame that goes over the cameras flash so as to squash the cameras flash and convert it to infrared light for transmission through the fiber optic cable.

As far as duct tape goes I would suggest a better method. You can try a small glob of Marine Goop to attach the cable to the housings diffuser.

As far as the magnet insert goes I am not sure whether you need to insert it or not. My Inon manual does not have your camera model in it.

Gilligan, you must be the UW photo forum's guru on DIY :D . One question, what is marine goop and can it be taken off the plastic of the diffuser without damage to the plastic? The reason for this is that I will possibly have to remove the strobe and attach it to another housing. Thanks.

midwestdvr

i'm now using those black paper clip thingy to clip onto the diffuser. Seems to hold up and the cord is difficult to pull out unless the clip is loosened. Might just work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom