Need WIDE fins, have big (sore) feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John, different than what? Maybe you mean a different feel when you kick. Like you do not feel the drag of the fin like you do with all other fins. If you went into a restaurant and you asked the waiter about a certain meal and he states it's different...what's that mean? You know it's different. People tend to go with the flow and different has a very negative connotation. This wording was used by a dive magazine years ago. It creates an uncomfortable thought. If I did any thing in this fin market it was to remove your foot from being part of your aquatic experience and that created a different - freeing - feeling when you kick! Off to look at our White House again and check out Lincoln Memorial.
No impunity meant; there are many styles of Force Fins I have not tried; I modified the above to say "...different Feeling kick..." When the upstroke carries little energy requirements, it leads to a different feel from other fins. This conserves some energy, and you've reported that this energy saving translates into less fatigue.

SeaRat

Bob, very interesting fin and great design. Looks like they are ahead of the curve for technology and would solve my problem. But Dear Lord, $600 to $800??

Quite a bit out of my budget as a recreational diver.

what are you looking at? The only fin that you need is the Force Fin Pro, that sells for <$300 MRSP and can be found at many many places for <$200. BTW- for drysuits you'll most likely want XXL, maybe 3XL (but that's doubtful), I am a 13 wide and with lots of layers I fit a XXL, but with a thinner DS boot, if you wear a thick soled boot then you'll want the 3XL and a pair of inserts.

The rest of the models are for those that are willing to pay for the comfort and ease that they provide.

tfrost, Dear Lord, Thank You for giving me the ability to make my Force Fins here in America. The Pro is priced at $289 and the original is priced at $189. That "different feel of Freedom", comes at a cost of Quality and Performance like no other fin. The question you need to ask yourself as a recreational diver is this " Do you want cramps and a terrestrial experience. Or a Aquatic adventure?. Do you want to fly or push water like a bulldozer? Do you want to purchase a good regulator?, Mask, drysuit, weight belt, snorkel, air vest, depth and air gauges? Dive Computer and maybe a underwater camera and spend a least $2000.00 and then propel your self with a cheap plastic FLAT fin that cost $7.50 to make. Keep me posted I like to know what kind of diver you choose to be. All my best, Bob

Bob, very interesting fin and great design. Looks like they are ahead of the curve for technology and would solve my problem. But Dear Lord, $600 to $800??

Quite a bit out of my budget as a recreational diver.

For those who are questioning what tfrost is commenting on at $800, see my excerpt below from the force fin page. What exactly does an $800 fin do that a $200 fin does not?

Excellerating Force Fin Tan Delta - The Snappiest
Price: $786.25
Quantity in Basket: none

Having said that, as other posters have said, they can be as low as $190 for the basic force fin.

Is this fin really a better option for a huge foot? That huge foot still has to make it through a cavity before it is out in the open again and since I have never tried them, I can only think that that would pose the same problem as with any other fin that does not fit.

Do you want cramps and a terrestrial experience. Or a Aquatic adventure?

I dive ScubaPro Jets with my drysuit and Mares Exel Quattro when diving wet......please tell me what a terrestrial experience is and what an aquatic adventure is.

Do you want to fly or push water like a bulldozer?

I for one want to fly through the water but my fin does not do that, my buoyancy/trim does. If I am out of trim, I do not fly/glide no matter what fin I use. No matter what fin you choose you are propelling yourself through the water.

Do you want to purchase a good regulator?, Mask, drysuit, weight belt, snorkel, air vest, depth and air gauges? Dive Computer and maybe a underwater camera and spend a least $2000.00........

Air vest? First of all, I think for everything listed, your number of $2000 is very low but that is besides the point......none of these have anything to do with a choice in fins. Absolutely nothing. A fin should be purchased based on fit and function and nothing else. You are telling people to spend more just becuase, Not a good sales pitch IMO.

........and then propel your self with a cheap plastic FLAT fin that cost $7.50 to make.

Hey if that fin is comfortable and functional, then it is the better choice over your fins. Your fins are not the right choice for any dive unless they fit and function better than all others. For some this will be the case which is great for you. For some it will not but you seem to think that ridiculing the potential customer is the right sales approach. Let me know how this sale turns out for you.

......I like to know what kind of diver you choose to be. All my best, Bob

No you want to know if your attempt to belittle this poster has convinced them to buy your fin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom