Need Vintage Gear Info to sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pillow

Contributor
Reaction score
I am trying to get an Idea of what I have and what it might be worth. I have placed photos in my gallery and tried to attached some to this post. If I have failed in this effort I will try again. It looks like I have made it with pictures of the Reg but not tank.

Can anyone tell me if this is worth anything. Tank Photo are in Gallery

Thanks

Attachments

• P1010024.jpg
    P1010024.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 62
  • P1010025.JPG
    P1010025.JPG
    386 KB · Views: 58
  • P1010026.JPG
    P1010026.JPG
    380.8 KB · Views: 56
  • P1010027.JPG
    P1010027.JPG
    393.9 KB · Views: 59
  • P1010028.jpg
    P1010028.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 62
  • P1010031.jpg
    P1010031.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 82
based upon the Delhi ave address on your label, this US Divers DA Aquamaster regulator should be from the year 1960. Lots of people (myself included) love vintage regs. You can do several things with it. You can fix it up and dive it, you can sell it, or you can hang it up and display it. If you want to sell it, the price is carries depends on how much work it would be to make it dive-able. Many people (myself included) who buy these types of regulators dive them. If it is in excellent condition, it will fetch a better price. Maybe others will, but I wouldn't ballpark a price on what it's worth, because it's really dependent on the condition.

Check out Vintage Double Hose for parts, and if you have questions on your vintage gear.

S

The DA Aqua Master is a great diving regulator, but it is the most common double hose that was made.

The 3323 West Delhi Rd. address makes it a 1960 or 1961, which is not the most common, but other than that it is nothing special.

It has the short yoke (typical of the time) which is also less desirable for use with a banjo fitting SPG (pressure gauge) adaptor.

The hoses look in decent shape, but it is hard to tell from the pictures.

The chrome looks slightly below average in its condition.

All this being said it is still a great regulator with a lot of potential. Due to the condition of the chrome it is a good candidate to be totally re-chromed and converted into a Phoenix RAM or just rebuild and recondition for diving. In its condition (based on the pictures) it has little collectors value, but a lot of potential for a great diving regulator.

Price can vary a lot. I would say $50 is the low end, but if you put it in eBay under the right conditions (a feeding frenzy) it could bring $150. At this point with the present economy I would not count on the high end more likely closer to the lower end, but you never know.

In that condition, I personally would never pay more than about $75 for it (probably less), but I can be patient.

You could post it at VintageDoubleHose.com and get more opinions. You could even sell it over there.

Hope this helps

Good luck

Added:
BTW, if you get a reasonable offer from Jimmer or Slonda, at least you will know that it is going to a good home.

I am sure either one of them will restore or have it restored. And they will dive it as it was intended. IMHO, this regulator doesn’t really belong as a wall hanger.

Last edited:
Jimmer,

You were looking for vintage stuff once upon a time weren't you? This would be a great winter restoration project...I'd offer him something for it, but I just got my Mistral today.

Slonda, yes you're right I was tossing around the idea of picking up some vintage stuff.

Pillow, I am interested, obviously my $20 comment was in jest, but if we can come together on something I'd be pretty happy to restore that and put it to use. The only kicker is that I'm just about to leave for vacation next week, and wont be back until the 5th of December. If you haven't unloaded it to a lucky contestant by then, I'd like to talk.

*hijack* Luis, my apologies for not contacting you sooner, I was a bit delayed in sending that Mk5 clone to you, due to some personal distractions, but it is on it's way. I'll email you with any tracking info as soon as I can.

Jim

Thanks Guys I appreciate all of the info.

Jimmer I have been thinking about selling this for along time. I am not in any hurry at all. Let me know when you get back. I travel alot so my response may take a few days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom