Need tips for Playa del Carmen and vicinity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebrasil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Guys,
I actually have been to PDC before, 2 years ago, but for a very short period. This time I am going to spend 7 days and will have my Family and significant others as company.

3 of us are divers, and the other 4 do some snorkeling.

When I was there I did a dive at Moc-che shallow and Jardines. They were both nice dives. I also did the Cenotes Dos Ojos and La Ponderosa which were amazing!

As far as cenotes go I thinking of hitting the same ones again, unless you tell me there are some other amazing ones.

What else should I dive? I thought about the wreck, seems pretty cool.

As for the whole family, what beaches you guys think we should visit, things we could do, etc...?

Thanks so much for your tips

Hi
just 20 minutes south from pdc there is one of the best(in my opinion) beaches of riviera maya is called Xpu-ha, there your friends could have great time and snorkeling directly from the beach. there is also a good diving center Bahiadivers for dives into the ocean to the Mamavina Wreck a to the cenotes, from there in 5 minutes you can dive doble tank in chac-mool cenote an amazing one and the beach is just on front of the ponderosa you've done. It's a great place and they also can drive your friends to a snorkeling trip to dos ojos

I was just in PDC, and we agreed next time we will rent a house on the beach in Akumal, where there is excellent snorkeling. There are multiple dive ops in the area too. A rental car will be required, which will also allow you to prepare healthier meals with less grease.

Day trip the Akumal! Drop dead perfect beachs, very good snorkeling and the cenotes are close for the divers. Plant the nondivers at Lol Ha (beach restaurant in Akumal) and let them snorkel and beach while you are diving Dos Ojos and Bat Cave. The Akumal Dive Shop -Caribbean Scuba Diving, Akumal, Mexico has a very good snorkel tour, but I would use the Akumal Dive Center for diving. Grab lunch/early dinner in Puerto Adventuras while you are watching the dolphins go through their paces (there is a dolphin discovery op in PA). Perfect way to spend a day.

The best wreck is off Puerto Morelos, C96?, a minesweeper that was sunk.

PDC, eat at El Fogon, Hc Monterey, take day trips with either Playa del Carmen, Mexico's Virtual Guide Book : Playa.Info or Alltournative - Off Track Adventures.

Hey fabiosub, thanks for the tips.

I am not sure if I went to that beach. I did go to a very nice beach that i don't remember the name, maybe it's the same.

Pls take a look at the pic and let me know if you know the name.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC02369.jpg
    DSC02369.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 45
driftwood, did you dive the Mama Vina wreck too? and you like the Puerto Morelos better? is it bigger?

Thanks

The PM wreck is bigger. Personally, I am not a big fan of the Mexican reefs, but the Cenotes are the class of the world.

BTW, your beach picture is a virtual clone of the north end of Akumal Bay. I am 90% sure, but just that little bit of doubt.

Yes, I think was akumal now that I hear the name. I just took a van over there.

I will check out that wreck!

thx

I totally agree the picture is of the northern part of the akumal bay
hi

Divebrasil - If your skills are up to it, there are many other cavern sites available. Here is a link to the dive sites section of my cave partner's website - he's a freelance guide. No promotion intended! But it's useful information (plus I did the website and I'm kind of proud of it).

Dive Cenotes ? Dive Sites

Each one has it's own different magic.... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom