Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you can ship to Kythira, Greece, it can be tested by the Greek government archaeologists for the Mentor Shipwreck Excavation Programme. We will be here until 18 September.

I'd like to test out a D550 as well, if there are any left.

They are expensed prior to the review. Not exactly the same as, "give us a good review and we'll give you a light."

Is that how it works?

For some reason, I had the impression that the program is that you buy the light, then you post reviews, and then you notify the Orcatorch rep of your reviews and then they reimburse you for what you paid for the light. In which case, technically, you get paid AFTER you post your review.

It's a small point, but I think worth noting. If that IS how the program works, then every reviewer knows that they are not getting paid until after the manufacturer accepts their review. I'm not saying that the manufacturer would stiff someone for a bad review. I certainly hope not. But, it's hard to be certain that the way it works has NO influence on the review that is published by the reviewer.

But, I could be confusing this request for Orcatorch reviews with a similar request from a different manufacturing rep.

@OrcaTorch-Amazon Seller

Are there any plans to improve the output of the lights?
1696445178531.png

1696445100199.png

Is that how it works?

For some reason, I had the impression that the program is that you buy the light, then you post reviews, and then you notify the Orcatorch rep of your reviews and then they reimburse you for what you paid for the light. In which case, technically, you get paid AFTER you post your review.

It's a small point, but I think worth noting. If that IS how the program works, then every reviewer knows that they are not getting paid until after the manufacturer accepts their review. I'm not saying that the manufacturer would stiff someone for a bad review. I certainly hope not. But, it's hard to be certain that the way it works has NO influence on the review that is published by the reviewer.

But, I could be confusing this request for Orcatorch reviews with a similar request from a different manufacturing rep.
I had my "refund" prior to the review posting on both occasions I solicited a light from them. Same with a buddy who recently did the same here.

I had my "refund" prior to the review posting on both occasions I solicited a light from them. Same with a buddy who recently did the same here.
Same here with OrcaTorch. Purchase, refund, then review.

However, must recently, with XTAR, they simply sent me the light (no purchase or refund involved) and said to let them know when and where I publish a review. Even better.

Back
Top Bottom