Need Southern Caribbean Island Dive Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have dived on many sites while taking a cruise. Some were outstanding and some were so-so. I found that if you have a good DM, you'll be better off because they can tell you what to keep an eye for. But with that said, any day in warm clear water is better than shopping for jewelry, buying overpriced souvenirs, or pigging out at the buffet!

Hi All!

My family is going on a cruise this year and can only dive 2-3 of the islands below. We have 7 adv. open water divers with no less that 30 dives each.

What are your favorite islands to dive? Please share your experiences, and who you booked with. What was the ballpark cost of the dive? So far my research shows, St Kitts, St Lucia, and Barbados to be the favorites.

PS. Feel free to share pictures!!!

About the ship...

We are leaving from San Juan, Puerto Rico at the end of May 2014 on our 7 day Cruise. The cruise ship is Royal Caribbean 'Jewel of the Seas'.

Islands the ship visits...

Day 1 - Puerto Rico (we will stay here 3 days after day 7)
Day 2 - Philipsburg, St Maarten (10 Hours) Arrives 09:00 Departs 19:00
Day 3 - Basseterre, St Kitts (11 Hours) Arrives 08:00 Departs 19:00
Day 4 - St John's, Antigua (11 Hours) Arrives 07:00 Departs 18:00
Day 5 - Castries, St Lucia (9 Hours) Arrives 08:00 Departs 17:00
Day 6 - Bridgetown, Barbados (10 Hours) Arrives 07:00 Departs 17:00
Day 7 - Sea

Too bad you're not stopping @ Dominica-------THAT is the best(in the Caribbean IMO--we were there for a week a couple years back & a place I WILL get back to before I go bye bye)....

But, wife & I went on a 5 stopper outta PR year before last....Our stops were St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, & St Marteen...I dove @ 3 stops---St Thomas, St Lucia & St Kitts...IMO, only St Lucia was 'good diving'.....AND, be SURE & do the premium upgrade & dive the Pitons there----well worth the extra(boat) ride & expense.......My UW pics for all 3 places are here(click below link--the Sets are all on the bottom 2 rows & have their names listed in the titles) ..I think you can tell the difference between St Thomas/St Kitts VS St Lucia diving by the number I took & the quality of the 'scenery'.......If you need further info on who we dove with etc, let me know...Good luck on your trip.......Joe

GEAUXtiger's photosets on Flickr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom