Need some photoshop help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boastud

Registered
Reaction score
Im trying get the green/blue out on the picture, but im not very good at it yet. Any help would be appreciated. It is the jaws 4 (i think) Plane off nassau. I have the original size i can email if easier. Thanks in advance!

IMG_2556.jpg

Here is a full shot, but was a little blurry when i tried working it.

IMG_2555.jpg

With pictures like that the first thing I would do in photoshop would be a simple shift+control+L or image>auto tone. It gives you a quick idea if it can be saved. Usually shots taken over sand have a lot of potential. You can manually set the white point by going to image>levels and click on the "set white point" dropper. Then click the dropper on something white or what you know to be white. If this give you something you like you can then move on to adjusting the hue and saturation to your liking and so on. Not sure what camera you are using but you could help things out a lot when you take the picture itself if you can lower your ISO manually and manually set the exposure. With those shots I would have turned the strobe(s) off all together and set the exposure to -1 or so. If you are using a camera with an auto setting you will always have that washed out look unless the camera itself has some pre sets in the menu that will produce nicer underwater images. Keep taking pictures though...and if your camera has raw capability you would have even more room for improvement on pictures like these.

these instructions I found that really helped me

1. Making 2 copied layers.
2. Fill Gray 50% on the middle layer
3. Changing the top layer to Luminosity
4. Merging the top two layers
5. Creating a blank layer and filling it with RED 255/0/0
6. Change that layer to Multiply
7. Merge the top two layers
8. Change the now top layer to Screen
9. Merge the two layers together making one only
10. Run auto level

This worked wonders for my pics - the guy who wrote the instructions is a genius imho

Hope this helps and post an after editing shot if it does!

I'll update my post tonight if I missed a step - I was close but this is the proper step by step instructions

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom