Need some Photo Shop Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Ernst

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Guy's and Gal's.

When I send a picture into Photo Shop and make any adjustments and then try to close and save my work I am getting a message bar that states (ICC Profile Description is Invalid) And I am unable to save my work.

Can any one advise me on how to fix this problem Please?:confused:

Are you using Vista?
This problem occurs because Windows Vista writes back incorrect RGB information to the file when you change its metadata.

somewhereinla:
Are you using Vista?
This problem occurs because Windows Vista writes back incorrect RGB information to the file when you change its metadata.

Yes I am using Vista!

I am completley in the dark as how to fix this problem as I dont know anything really about the metadata, Can you give me any advice as how to fix this problem??

somewhereinla:
You can either buy a Mac or wait for Microsoft to fix the bug. It's one of many known bugs in Vista...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935893

Yikes ! I hate Vista, I should have never bought a new computer.

Thanks for the imput , I will call tech support at photoshop and see if they can help me.

Thank you!!

are you using CS2 or CS3 ? but i agree don't wast you money on any more PC crap convert to the dark side and get a MAC:D

bigfrog23:
are you using CS2 or CS3 ? but i agree don't wast you money on any more PC crap convert to the dark side and get a MAC:D

Useing cs2 , and it all has been working great for the last 6 months!, still works great on my lap-top with xp!

You can either buy a Mac or wait for Microsoft to fix the bug. It's one of many known bugs in Vista...

are you using CS2 or CS3 ? but i agree don't wast you money on any more PC crap convert to the dark side and get a MAC
Yeah, that's a great idea...:shakehead:

Sell your NEW Vista PC for 1/2 of what you paid for it, re-buy all your software and become one of the 7.5% (I'm being generous) of computer users that own a Mac....

Although software should be more available now that Mac's use Intel processors originally designed for PC's. Easier for software developers to port their PC applications over to the Mac O/S.

And since Apple now uses technology originally developed by PC manufacturers - Intel Xeon processors and PCI Express Graphics cards, what's the difference anymore between a Mac and a PC? At least when it was all proprietary Apple could make a legitimate claim of being better.

So if it's not that, then what? The O/S? - :rofl3:

If it's so much better why does no one except Apple sell it?

Oh that's right, they don't license it to anyone else...:confused:

Interesting that there's at least 2 Windows on Mac emulators and no Mac on Windows emulators.

At our level, where's all the Mac-based dive computer s/w if it's so much better?

And if the Mac O/S is so wonderful explain this:

The World's 2,000 Largest Public Companies (Forbes 3/2007):

Rank Name Sales Profits Assets Value ($B)
66 Microsoft 46.06 11.91 66.37 275.85
242 Apple 20.68 2.43 19.46 72.92

It took a while to find Apple on the list, I had to go past IBM, HP, Dell and Sony. You know - the PC manufacturers...

Money talks, B.S. walks...

Sorry for the hijack Jim...but I hardly think getting rid of your computer is the solution you were looking for.

sjspeck:
Yeah, that's a great idea...:shakehead:

Sell your NEW Vista PC for 1/2 of what you paid for it, re-buy all your software and become one of the 7.5% (I'm being generous) of computer users that own a Mac....

Although software should be more available now that Mac's use Intel processors originally designed for PC's. Easier for software developers to port their PC applications over to the Mac O/S.

And since Apple now uses technology originally developed by PC manufacturers - Intel Xeon processors and PCI Express Graphics cards, what's the difference anymore between a Mac and a PC? At least when it was all proprietary Apple could make a legitimate claim of being better.

So if it's not that, then what? The O/S? - :rofl3:

If it's so much better why does no one except Apple sell it?

Oh that's right, they don't license it to anyone else...:confused:

Interesting that there's at least 2 Windows on Mac emulators and no Mac on Windows emulators.

At our level, where's all the Mac-based dive computer s/w if it's so much better?

And since the Mac O/S is so wonderful explain this:

The World's 2,000 Largest Public Companies (Forbes 3/2007):

Rank Name Sales Profits Assets Value ($B)
66 Microsoft 46.06 11.91 66.37 275.85
242 Apple 20.68 2.43 19.46 72.92

It took a while to find Apple on the list, I had to go past IBM, HP, Dell and Sony. You know - the PC manufacturers...

Money talks, B.S. walks...

Sorry for the hijack Jim...but I hardly think getting rid of your computer is the solution you were looking for.

No No NOOooooo.... Hijack!!!

You said what I was thinking!!!!! Thank you for expresing my Opinion!!

I am a bit set aside with Vista.... but I like the most of it and love windows!!

I just need a bit of Microsoft education!!!!

From the Microsoft KB article:
In this scenario, when you use Adobe Photoshop to try to open the file, you receive the following error message:
The embedded ICC profile cannot be used because the ICC profile description is invalid. Ignoring the profile.
You indicated that it only occurs and is a problem when trying to save the file after modifying it.

So do you see the above error message when you first open it in Photoshop?

And are you given a dialog box that asks if you want to ignore it?

It might also say "use the default profile" or something similar. If so select that option, make a change to the image and try to save it.

Post what happened...

Back
Top Bottom