Need some help on ladyhawk BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen too many straps with the velcro on the outside, where the velcro wears and the end of the strap doesn't really stay attached, gets caught on something and pops the buckle open

If you look at the photo I posted above, there is a slider that goes over the velcro to lock it down. I moved it all the way forward so that I could pull the velcro back for the photo. There's no way the velcro can come loose with the slider over it.

Mine is the same as Pedro's.

---------- Post added February 11th, 2013 at 07:22 PM ----------

Bestshooter and Damselfish, how old are your BCD's? This thread has made me so curious, that I did some internet searching on pictures for Scubapro Ladyhawk, and there found a few pictures of the back of the BCD and to my surprise, there were some shown with the velcro tapes folding inside (towards tank). The pictures that showed this particular velcro placement were from 2006+/-. Be that as it may, are you able to rethread the buckle, then the band/strap, thus having the velcro placement on the non-tank side? Don't know how you've stood it, though I agree with the poster that said, once the band is properly sized for a tank, it doesn't need to be changed. Mine has never been adjusted once since the first dive, despite my efforts to get the buckle a bit eased off the plate when closed. :)

Back
Top Bottom