Need Roatan advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think most of the dive shops in West End are very professional and with an open water license, which I believe certifies you to 60ft..you probably won't find anyone that will take you tech diving! But for what it's worth we've always found Coconut Tree Divers to be without fault. They do a two tank in the morning that is for advanced divers only, they have a big covered boat, but keep the dive groups to a maximum of five buddy groups. I can highly recommend them. The cabins are very good value also.

Like Roatanman said there really is very little reason to go real deep on the reefs.
Both wrecks on the north side are in fairly deep water.... Sandy bottom at the Agula is around 110 to 115 - you can hit 130 on the Odessy if you go to the sand and find the right place....

Only other site that has any reason to go deep is Hole in the Wall... this is a natuarl shoot that has a out-crop at 130 feet that just naturally atracks folks... We tell them in the pre-dive briefing to level off around 110 but at least half the folks can't resist for some reason.... We always have a DM at the out-crop to be sure nobody goes past 130......... After the out-crop there is a ledge at 187 "or that's what my computer said" and I personally know DM's that have been past 300ft at this site.........

I would highly recomend the Inn of Last Resort except for the fact that they have no beach..................... I think they have enough other things going for them that you might over look that...

If you really want a beach - Fantasy Island has one of the prettiest ones you will ever find.....

If you email the All inclusives and wheel and deal I think you will find that they will end up being cheaper then trying to rent a room - eat out - and pay for your dives.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom