need regulators considering options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ththooft:
The other great thing about the SP regs is that they offer the parts for life program. As long as we bring it in each year, they replace all parts needed free of charge. We only pay the labor (pretty cheap). That'll save some $$$ in the long run!

I don't want to rain on your parade...but from what I've heard from the repair guys at my local, not ALL the parts are covered in that warranty and some of the parts not covered are not cheap...definitely not first hand knowledge, I don't own Scubapro but I do trust my dive shop, I've been diving with them and they've been servicing my regs, for years, so you may want to check into what exactly is covered in that Scubapro warranty.

Well thanks for all the advise guys. I checked out some brands online for prices and checked out several shops.
Eventually settled on Cressi elipse titanium with elipse backup . Comes with mc7 1st stage. (some people familiar with this kit , just check out some websites if not) As an option there is a antifreeze kit which can be fitted so you can use the set in cold water conditions ( has a wide range of usage already though)
got all that plus a scuba pro pressure gauge and low pressuse hose - all fitted - for 415 euros .
Just tested it out today for the first time .Big difference to the rented ones Ive used so far. ( basic scuba pro reg kit r190 , mk 2 ? I think)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom