need recommendations for Full Face Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many thanks, Andy. You've been very helpful. I've checked the OTS website and see that they have a dealer about 150 miles from our home in the states. Wish we were closer to Santa Ana, or we'd give you the business.

The Ocean Reef is an italian-made Mestel gas mask. It is not originally designed for diving.

CO2 retention when using a full face mask is a concern.

The lowest CO2 retention on the market is the OTS Guardian... I believe is at 0.7 mbar? The Interspiro Divator is @ 1.4 mbar if I remember correctly.

I like the Guardian.
Scubaboard is a great place to be in contact with the real diving market! It has been reported to me about some blog in regards to the "full face masks" . Let me tell you something about us. First, we have 64 years experience of manufacturing diving equipment (we are probably one of the oldest diving manufacturers!) , secondary we started production of gas masks in the 80s. Make a gas mask is not easy and one of the main point is the sealing of the mask . If somebody is familiar of CBRN approval of gas masks may understand what I mean . Our masks are providing a protection factor closed to 100,000 ppm. To make a diving mask in a proper way, it means to carry this experience because it is necessary to grant a perfect sealing with the minimum numbers of sizes . This is what we provide . OCEAN REEF IDMs are diving masks! They are not modified gas masks! If you are interested to have real technical information about a real good integrated diving mask (IDM - this how we define our masks ) you are more than welcome to explore our technical catalogues with the comparision of our specs to some of the existing "full face masks" . If you finally wish to see what it means to make an advanced product as well as an OCEAN REEF IDM , please take a look of EASYBREATH the new revolutionary mask we designed for one of the largest sport chain in the world . Any question and any suggestion is welcome . We really like to listen what the divers feels and like .Sergio Gamberini - President OCEAN REEF Group

Guardian FFM is the way to go hands down! We use them for public safety diving and have had no issues with them. Highly recommended!

The only suggestion I have about Ocean Reef FFM's, Sergio, is that they think about making an in-between size. The small was too small, and the large was too large. I'd also suggest that they fix the problem about free flow when you go in a head down position. True, this can be eliminated by turning the knob to decrease air flow, but this shouldn't be necessary. Therefore, we are going to look at other manufacturers. Wish the Ocean Reef would have worked for us. It appears that Ocean Reef is the only FFM sold here on Bonaire, so that means we'll have travel to visit dive shops once we return to the U.S.

The only suggestion I have about Ocean Reef FFM's, Sergio, is that they think about making an in-between size. The small was too small, and the large was too large. I'd also suggest that they fix the problem about free flow when you go in a head down position. True, this can be eliminated by turning the knob to decrease air flow, but this shouldn't be necessary. Therefore, we are going to look at other manufacturers. Wish the Ocean Reef would have worked for us. It appears that Ocean Reef is the only FFM sold here on Bonaire, so that means we'll have travel to visit dive shops once we return to the U.S.
thanks . your opinion is appreciated . If you use a Space mask with the adjustable exhalation valve you have no issue of free flow in any position of your head (you may easily check all our tutorial video in the training section of our web site) and all these parts are available for any ocean reef mask. regarding the size it may be nice if you check first the right adjustment of straps (as explained in our tutorial video). You may use our caliper to verify your right size in according with Los Alamos charts. Tks again for your input . Sergio Gamberini

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom