Need recommendations for a dive op in Tortola - suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMTtor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all -

I'm a 65-year-old MSD. Going to be in Tortola for a full day (8a-8p) on the NCL Escape on Tuesday 11/16 and really want to dive there (haven't been before and others have told me the diving is very good there). Trying to find a dive op who can take me; one (We Be Divin') told me they're not accepting cruise ship passengers due to government regulations and suggested Sail Caribbean, but I've been unable to get any response from that shop to my messages (still trying). Anyone know of any other Tortola dive ops that might take someone coming in from a cruise ship? TIA -

Were you able to find an operator?
We are booked on a February trip and I'm trying to get my ducks lined up.
I did - Sail Caribbean (www.sailcaribbeandivers.com, email info@sailcaribbeandivers.com). They do daily two-tank morning dives at 8a. and an afternoon one-tank at 2p., both departing from their marina at Hodges Creek. Three of us from the ship did the afternoon one-tank on the Rhone (our ship arrived at 8a so no chance at the morning boat, unfortunately). Beautiful boat, excellent divemaster (James Catling); overall great dive (James kept apologizing last Tuesday about the viz, which was well over 50 feet - on the large wreck, we were thrilled!).

The owner, Mike Liese, volunteered to provide us a ride back to the ship after our dives when we were unable to get a cab to come out quickly (the marina is on the other side of the island from the port). He's a US expat, and he started the company in 1999. He said they're just getting back into running regular dives post-Covid closings. They also run a teen summer camp program where the kids alternate land survival course weeks and liveaboard weeks learning to dive.

I've attached a few photos of our dive. Nice Goliath grouper hanging out on the wreck to greet us, and a shot of the immense propeller (with a fellow diver for scale). Not the world's greatest pics, but you get the idea.
1637735943550.jpeg
1637736044347.jpeg
1637736085175.jpeg
1637736117645.jpeg
1637736321567.jpeg

Thanks, they are on my list.
Did you dive any other ports? We are going to be in:
St. Kitts
St. Lucia
Barbados
Dominica
Antigua
St. Maarten
St. Thomas

Went with Admiralty Dive in St. Thomas. Great dives! First one was on the Miss Opportunity - very nice wreck! Second was on a very shallow and absolutely stunning reef, East Wind.
1638281591576.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom