Need Recommendations/comments Re:u/w Digital Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrifterEd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a good knowledge of photography and looking to purchase a entry level u/w digital camera with good resolution.
Someone mentioned "Sea&Sea" dx3100. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you....

We need more information! Budget? Ultimate goal...web use or printed photos? How much control do you want over exposure?

Just off the top of my head...
The Olympus C-5050 is a 5MP camera, you can point and shoot or go full manual, You have several auxilary lens and strobe options if wanted/needed. Currently priced around $400. Oly PT-15 housing is $150-165. You can easily make 11x15 prints.

Look through these many posts. This question gets asked almost daily.

Having stated you have a good knowledge of photography, why purchase an "entry level" camera? That may result in almost instant disatisfaction with the picture results, not to mention a waste of money.
I am not knocking the model you mentioned in your post but it is a 3 megapixel camera which at this point in time is the minimum megapixel one should consider.
IMHO since you already have knowledge of photography you should invest in a 5 megapixel camera such as an Olympus, Canon etc. with the respective brand housing. Those cameras will allow you full manual control of the settings and give you great picture results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom