Need quick advice for Bali Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncfnp

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Long story but I find myself in need of a place to stay in Bali August 23 to 27. Want a nice resort ideally with ac. Diving not required but would be considered an added bonus. Most important would be a bit of local ambience. Trying for Mimpi but looks like might not be available for my dates. Thought I would seek other options while I wait to hear back

What area do you want to stay in or near?
Never been to Bali so really don’t have a preference. Would like someplace a little less touristy but I know that might pose a problem with high season.

Somewhere to just get a taste of Bali.

Is this your hub that you would like to dive out of or is this just a pre-stay to relax and enjoy the culture before the diving part starts? We travel to Bali 4-5 times a year so I have a little knowledge of the Island. I always stay in Sanur as a pre-stay since it is close to beach and not to far to the airport with good restaurants. Tell me what it is and I can recommend a couple places around the island. It takes awhile to get up to Tulumben/Amed area so be prepared for quite a drive to get there. Sideman is really nice and not nearly as crazy as Ubud. Its up in the hills with beautiful rice fields etc.

This would be after a LOB Komodo trip and we will be back to dive Raja in March so really just looking for a place to relax and soak up a bit of Bali before the return flight home.

Check out Murni's in Bali - Murni's in Bali up in Ubud. Everyone that stays there loves that place. We stayed at the Samanvaya up in Sideman and it was amazing. It's adult only and has really neat little unique villas. I don't think you would need to stay there more than 3 days if you wanted to mix it up a bit.

We really liked the Puri Santrian in Sanur or the Tandjung Sari hotel. The Maya in Sanur was ok. The Andaz had way too many kids. I like the hotels that have the Balinese feel not the big resorts. I don't know what the occupancy would be for any of these places but Sanur has many hotels that are nice but it can get pretty crowded. The Novotel at the airport is really nice for an overnight before a flight. Rooms are clean and nice and food is good. And big bonus is it has a nice back entrance into the International Terminal.

Ok. Jumped the gun. Looks like Greg @aquabluegreg Liquid Diving Adventures has worked it out for me. Will keep these in mind if I make it back.

Back
Top Bottom