Need octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ofl0926

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey what's up guys. I am in the search of getting an octo for my Aqualung legend. In the past, the BC I was using had an air source II so the octo was not needed. I went to my local dive shop and the guy told me that I will be fine with a Aqualung titan octo. He said there is no need for it be pneumatic cause I don't do deep dives. On the other hand, there is an apeks tx50 in the for sale section on the board. Which is the better purchase? Also I currently have a xtx20 octo to match my apeks xtx50. If I get the xt50, should I just match it with my apeks xtx50and put the xtx20 with the legend?
Thanks guys

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

very true but i only have one xtx20 and need another octo for a second set of regs. my options are the titan octo or tx50 to be matched with an aqualung lengend

the TX50 is a better (albeit older) design as it uses an air barrel less likely to get clogged by sand than the titan's downstream design.

I vote TX50

I've got an Apeks xtx20 and an Apeks Egress, both new and both will work for which ever set-up you want [The Egress is balanced]....PM me if interested.....

They are very solid, I use apeks myself for tec dives. I have an aqualung Low profile/ABS octo that I'm selling cheap, pm me if your interested.

ofl0926,
The Al Titan octo will work, but, personally, I would look for an Apeks ATX or XTX. The TX will also work but the case is a little larger than the other 2. In general, I would stay away from pancake octos, but the Apeks Egress is arguably the best of these. Of course there is also the Legend octo, or the now discontinued Titan LX octo, which is, except for cosmetics, identical.

Incidentally, the Legend is a great reg, but I doubt that you will see much difference in breathing between it and your XTX 50.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom