Need new wetsuit gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shmeepsheep

Registered
Reaction score
Hello All, just started diving recently and bought all new exposure gear. Well with less than a double digit number worth of dives, I need new gloves. i bought neosport because its what my lds carried. They have quite a few rips in them and one actually tore apart. Im not sure if I just need larger gloves or what. Anyway, what brand do we recommend as being a solid quality? Its going to be for NJ diving, so 5mm or better is a must for me.

NJ diving is tough on gloves, the wrecks and jetties will quickly destroy a normal pair of neoprene gloves. We offer some extremely rugged gloves with kevlar protection in all the contact and wear areas.

We offer 3 and 5 mm (but you will want 5 mm). We've researched and tested a wide variety of cold water gloves and these are the best we could find.

Thanks

Dano

Kevlar Cold Water Diving Gloves | MAKO Spearguns

MKCWDG-2T.jpg

Hey Guys,
I am totally stoked with my “Kevlar Jacketed Yamamoto Diving Gloves”, specifically made for California Divers who dive in cold and rocky waters.

WARMTH: First of all, these gloves are crazy warm. Like all of my gloves and wetsuits, my gloves are made using the finest Genuine Yamamoto neoprene material and are available in 3mm and 5mm thickness. They are ergonomically cut for unbelievable comfort and maximum dexterity. They also include an extra wide Velcro closure strap which locks warm water in and prevents cold water from entering.

DURABILITY: Not only are these gloves warm, these gloves are tough…KEVLAR TOUGH! The palms and fingers have a jacketed exterior Kevlar shell that will outlast and outperform any glove you have ever worn.

MAKO DIRECT PRICE: Only $39.95 pair! Don’t let this low price fool you. These are high quality, high performance, Yamamoto/Kevlar Diving Gloves. The reason I can offer these badass gloves for such an amazing price is because I sell direct to you, the diver.

If you have any questions about these or any other MAKO Spearguns products, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Dive safe,
dano

NeoSport gloves are junk as are many of their wetsuits. The seems just don't hold up.

AquaLung makes great kevlar gloves - AL Aleutian Kevlar Dive Gloves. They are very comfortable and have a lot of mobility compared to some of the cheaper (and not so cheap) gloves out there. They have some non-kevlar as well, but I've never used them. I bought cheap initially and just ended up buying again. After about 60 dives on them lobstering there is finally a small hole in one of the fingers, but the rest of the glove is great and can be patched pretty easily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom