Need new drysuit boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyNZ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
There's no such thing as a perfect drysuit.... so I bought the closest membrane suit I could find and have made various modifications to it over the last year or so.

It's taken a bit of a bashing and I now need to change the boots. The boots that came as standard are "hard", almost like a wellington boot - which makes it hard to get my ankles into my preferred finning position.

I want to swap them for a softer boot - not fabric like the DUI suits, but not hard. I've dived in a friends Northern Diver suit, which has a neoprene bootie attached to a trilam suit and this is pretty close to what I'm looking for.

Unfortunately, none of the local shops or manufacturers seem to be able to get this style of boot. Any recommendations on where I might be able to source them from the US or elsewhere??

I'm interested in this as well. I've got a DUI drysuit that I bought used and it needs new boots. I've read all the "rockboots vs turbosoles" threads and I'm leaning towards an integrated boot, but I don't like the turbosoles. So, I'm looking for opinions on what boots to put on my frankensuit. I'm looking for something that's a little stiffer than the turbosoles with a more comfortable and durable upper. The DC boots look pretty good. Any opinions on these or other recommendations? I'm hoping that I could go to a place like Superior Drysuit Repair and have any brand of boot put on?

Mitchell:
Bare drysuit boots are the most comfortable around.

thanks, will look into this.

love the term "frankensuit" - very much what my drysuit is turning into with the various tweaks and additions!! will probably get it perfect and then decide i want another..... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom