need MK10 rebuild kits...form somewhere besides egay....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chile7236

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
NESS doesn't have any...does the MK10 plus kit work?

No.
The plus uses a different seat to the regular 10.
I agree that the vast majority of the kits on ebay are way over priced and quite often decades old.

Bryan at vintagedoublehose.com is selling kits for the MK5. There are two o-rings different; you'd need a 017 for the piston head and a 011 for the yoke retainer, and his kits might not include the conical filter. But, if you need several, your best bet would be to find a trident dealer that will sell you the seats and filters, then just buy the o-rings. There's a nice schematic with annotations showing the standard o-ring sizes floating around.

I have 2 mk 10's that I rebuilt last month. One with a scubapro kit (thanks to the person that got it for me) and one with the vintage double hose kit. As mentioned you need a 017 and a 011 (or just reuse the ones in there). The kit comes with an old school flat filter that needs an oring placed behind it, but it worked just fine. The trident hp seat locks up great. You might also need some shims depending on your reg. Overall 2 thumbs up for vdh aftermarket kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom