Need Intro Book Reccomendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlwalke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Would anyone care to reccomend a good book for a novice underwater photographer. Like, the book I am imagining would go over stuff like why you need a strobe and why strobing from the front is not so good underwater (too much particulate matter floating around to reflect light....right?), or why I might want to get a macro lens even though my camera (C5050) has a macro setting (haven't figured that out yet).....that type of thing. Just real basic stuff.

Thanks,
Dave

I can't vouch for books other than Jim Church's book Essential Guide to Composition. Amazon.com shows quite a few HERE. But I can highly recommend two internet sites by photographers I admire and respect....Dave Read U/W Photo and Utah Diving Photo Instr.. It would be real hard to say just how much I've learned from both these sites over the years. I've been lucky enough to meet and count Dave Read as one of my friends. He has a way of explaining the most complicated stuff in plain english!

Thanks. Those websites provide just the level of detail that I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom