Need info from Pinnacle owners on neck size.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akcoastie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am about to pull the trigger on the Pinnacle Cruiser 7mm full wetsuit. I have seen alot of posts about people loving the suit but the neck is a bit tight. I am wondering what sized suits you have gotten and how that relates to your neck size. I am looking to get the Large Short and I have a 15.5in neck. Unfortunately I do not have the opportunity to try one one. I am just trying to make sure that I am not going to be choking to death with a hood on and tucked into the suit.

I have a couple of Pinnacle wetsuits. I am 5"6 and weigh around 180lb. Neck is like 16 inches. I have not had a problem with tucking a hood into the suit and the neck being too tight. There is a velcro strap on neck so you got a little adjustment room.

I have a Medium Pinnacle Cruiser and a 15" neck. It fits snug, but not tight, and I have even worn a 6.5mm hood with it, and have been comfortable.

The Pinnacles suits are tight on the neck but make an incredible seal. You want that seal snug or else cold water will flush in.

My buddy dives the 7mm Cruiser and he's got the Large short and a huge neck. He doesn't like the neck seal that tight so he adjust the velcro on the back of the suit to loose. This allows water to creep in, he's immune to the cold.

I have the ME7 Pinnacles and do like the neck to be tight, it has the constriction feel when I suit up but becomes looser when I enter the water.

MG

My ME5, XXLS works fine on my 18 inch neck with and without a hooded vest.

It's on it's way along with a JBL speargun. Hopefully it won't be long before it's warm enough to start grabbing some dungies and king salmon. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom